Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Who Nose How It Got There

Tonight for dinner we had fake beef tips, vegetarian baked beans, organic mixed vegetables, and biscuits with honey. Clark will eat whatever you give him, but, not surprisingly, the bigger kids didn't even touch their mixed vegetables.

EXCEPT...

Toward the end of dinner Elise is sitting at the table picking her nose.

"Do you need a tissue?"

"Yes. Mommy, there's something in my nose."

"Ok, let me help you..."

I get a napkin and have her blow her nose into it. Mucous.

"It's still there, Mommy."

So I look. Sure enough, there's a giant booger.

"Blow again."

Nothing.

"Ok, Elise. I'm going to pinch the other side closed and you just blow all of your air out of this side," I say, blocking her unobstructed nostril.

She blows. And sweet mother of GOD... is that... half of a LIMA BEAN?!?!

"Elise? Was this just in your nose?"

Giggles. "I put a bean in my nose!"

So then we had the conversation that I hoped I'd never have to have with any of my children. The why-we-don't-put-stupid-shit-up-our-nose conversation. I must admit that I wasn't prepared for it. And certainly not during the height of Elise's "why?" phase. Please, Elise. Please. I hope you've learned your lesson. And I hope that the other half of the lima bean isn't still wedged up there somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that conversation with a member of our family. It must be heredity.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete