Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Finalization! Forever!

We're a forever family!

I'll tell you more about the adoption event later (it's been a long day and I am super tired), but I will share with you my testimony in court today, when I was asked the circumstances of our family coming together and why we want to adopt the kids:

(Henry) and (Georgia) were placed in foster care almost two years ago. They've lived with us that entire time. They instantly became a part of our family. We love them and we want our bond to them as their parents to be a permanent one.

I know that's exactly what I said because I practiced it over and over before court today.

Also, I made sure that the first thing I said to Henry and Georgia after the judge signed the court order approving the adoption was "I love you." It's the first thing I said to Elise and Clark when they were born, too. My first words to each of my children when I became their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment