Friday, November 30, 2012

Patty Cake!

Today after I buckled Clark into his car seat, I passed him one of his frog stuffed animals and then climbed into the back of the van to buckle Elise. When I turned around, Clark had the two little froggy "hands" in his hands, and he was clapping them together. As he clapped he sung, "Paaah ma, paaah ma... MAIN! Paaah ma, paaah ma... MAIN!" which sounded suspiciously like "Patty cake, patty cake... MAN!" and was sung to the right beat.

I can't remember exactly when each of my kids started doing specific, cool things or how they played with their toys at certain ages. But Clark is only 13 months old, and aside from starting to learn the song, I was pretty blown away to see him clapping the little froggy's hands. He was doing it all on his own, too. Just entertaining himself. I hadn't been singing the song to him recently or showing him how to clap the frog's hands. It was neat to see him playing that way, similar to how the big kids play with their toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment