Sunday, November 4, 2012

We Forgot to Mention...

As our adoption day approaches and various different people in the state department are working to process all of the necessary paperwork, I keep getting phone calls about things that I need to hurry up and do RIGHT AWAY because oops-we-forgot-to-mention-that-you-absolutely-must-have-this-done-or-the-adoption-won't-happen-on-time. Don't you people have checklists? Or some sort of standard protocol? Why does everyone keep forgetting things until the last minute? It's really strange. And super annoying.

The latest disaster phone call was on Friday, when I found out that the kids must have a new physical exam done by their doctor-- ASAP. Without the physical exam paperwork, some other paperwork won't get processed and then the adoption will have to be put on hold until next month. Their most recent physicals are less than 8 months old, but that isn't recent enough for some reason. I don't know if all pediatrician's offices are the same, but the ones I've used all schedule children's well visits months in advance. I had to call and BEG for the doctor's office to fit me in. I talked to a nurse and two office administrators before I could get squeezed in for tomorrow.

Bonkers.

I just keep telling myself that after the adoption is done, I won't have to deal with this craziness anymore. It'll all be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment