Friday, November 2, 2012

We Voted!

Husband and I voted today!

We took Henry, Elise, and Clark with us. We tried to explain what we were doing, as best we could. I told the kids to think about how Mommy and Daddy try to take care of them and protect them and make good decisions for them. Then I told them that there is a person who tries to make good decisions and protect everyone in the whole United States, called the president. I told them that we were going to help pick who we think that person should be. Also, I asked them to think about when we all sat down and made the "time out list" that had all of our house rules on it. Things like no jumping on the bed, because we might fall off and bump our heads. I explained that there are lots of other rules that adults have to follow, too, and we were going to help pick which rules we think are good rules.

We showed the kids the ballots and let them watch us bubble in our choices.

Mostly I think they were just happy to get an "I voted" sticker at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment