Thursday, March 18, 2010

Arriving At The Hospital

So, Husband, Foster Son and I arrived at the hospital for the second time in less than 5 hours. I had Husband drop me off at the front door while he parked the car and got Foster Son situated because I was leaking amniotic fluid like crazy. I wrapped the towel around my waist and hurried inside.

I remember saying to the nurse checking me in, "Sorry. I'm afraid I might make a mess." And she said, "Well, if you do, we'll just clean it up. Happens all the time."

Some of the same nurses that were on duty the first time we went to the hospital were still on duty. They all smiled and waved and said things like "Hello, again."

I changed into a hospital gown and got examined. First, the nurse took what looked like a big q-tip with some sort of yellow substance on the end and put it in my lady part. The yellow substance turned green (or was it blue? I can't remember). "Yep. Your water broke."

Then the nurse determined that I was dilated to 1.5 cm. As my labor and delivery room was being set up, Husband and I contacted our family and Foster Son's relative arrived to pick him up.

At one point, Foster Son wrapped his blanket around his waist and said, "Look! My water's out!" Cute.

Things start getting blurry after this point. 22 hours of labor after very little sleep and excrutiating pain and the hormones of labor have all helped to make my memories fuzzy. Mercifully, wonderfully fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment