Friday, March 5, 2010

Monkey's Paw

Be careful of what you wish for.

When I first got pregnant, I had these crazy thoughts. I would worry, "I'm not even showing yet. No one can tell that I'm pregnant. What if I got in a car accident and I was unconscious and the hospital gave me all of this medicine that hurt the baby? And they could have given me something different, but they didn't know I was pregnant. And I'm in a coma for, like, 4 months. By then it's too late and the baby comes out without any feet or something..."

So I was really happy when I started showing.

NOW, I'm so big that I waddle when I walk, my pelvis hurts non-stop, and my lower back pops with every step. I can barely fit into my maternity clothes.

There's no mistaking that I'm pregnant. And I don't have one of those tight little pregnant bellies that some women get. Elise likes to ride out front, sticking way out from my body. Every baby sits differently in the womb, but I have literally had strangers say to me, "Ooooh! You're ALL BABY! You must be about to pop!"

Be careful of what you wish for.

1 comment:

  1. Could you give birth on March 9? Pleasseee! 1) i will win a jackpot from the "when will elise arrive" pool
    2) elise and BabyPeg will be 5 months apart exactly!
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete