Saturday, March 6, 2010

Now I Know How To Swaddle

The "Baby Basics" class at the health department was two sessions long and Husband and I took the second session this past Thursday. It was more informative for me than the first class. I learned how to swaddle a baby and give a newborn a sponge bath.

There was also instruction on how to change a diaper and how to dress a baby. They had dolls that we changed and dressed and swaddled.

Oh, and the instructor showed us pictures and "warned" us about how babies look right after they're born. Everything from the extra body hair to what an uncircumsized baby penis looks like. "...and their little testicles are all swollen when they come out, too. Some dads are like 'that's my boy!' but the swelling DOES go down, dads..."

No comments:

Post a Comment