Monday, March 1, 2010

Middle of the Night Contractions

Aside from being sick, I got horrible sleep last night. I woke up a zillion times in the middle of the night. There was my usual THREE trips to the bathroom to pee. And then I woke up at least another 6 times (I think more) because I was having contractions.

I have contractions all throughout the day now. Last week, I kept track of how many I had on one particular day and it was over 20. But I don't usually get woken up in the night because of them. I don't know if I just don't have any while I'm sleeping or if they aren't strong enough to wake me, but I've never noticed them before.

I'm having a contraction as I type this, in fact.

But anyhow, last night I woke up having a contraction. I turned over and went back to sleep. Then I woke up again from a contraction. By the third one, I thought to myself, "Maybe my labor has started." But I decided that if that was the case, the best thing I could do is try to get some sleep before it got any worse. I had a few more contractions and by morning they were gone.

I'm so tired today. My body is really getting ready! I wonder if any of these contractions are dialating my cervix. I hope that they are.

1 comment:

  1. my midwives told me that if you can sleep through those pains, then you aren't having real labor pains yet

    ReplyDelete