Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Shoes

There are a lot of things that I just didn't "get" until I had Elise. Take baby shoes. I used to think that putting shoes on a baby before it could walk was silly. I put it on par with Halloween costumes for dogs. I would think, "Oh, you just want to dress something up?"

I still think that $80 shoes for a two month old are an insane waste of money. However, now that it's cold I see the value in a pair of baby shoes for my 7 month old. They are an extra layer of warmth. She doesn't lie passively in a blanket in my arms when we go out. Her little feet kick everywhere and I need them covered by more than a pair of socks.

Now I understand baby shoes better. Turns out that they can be about more than just dressing your baby up... Unless you're buying baby Air Jordans, and then you're just being materialistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment