Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Sales

Now that we're living on a tighter budget because I want to stay home with Elise for as long as possible, I've decided to take advantage of all of the after-the-holiday sales that I can find. If we buy stuff on sale 364 days early, we can save some money in the long run. I love me a good sale, anyhow.

Today I got Elise a Halloween-themed outfit in the size she should be wearing this time next year. Pants and a t-shirt. $1! Beat that! And tonight Husband and I picked out a costume for her to wear next Halloween. She will be a little brown puppy dog. So cute.

I think I was a witch for my first Halloween. I've seen pictures. Maybe the pictures were from my second Halloween, now that I think about it, because I looked maybe 2 years old. I was a witch this year, too. I wasn't going to dress up at all, but then I bought a witch's hat and dressed in all black. Husband came up with a last minute costume and I didn't want to be the only one not dressed up. I have a strong suspicion that I will be a witch again next year, too.

Elise will be 19 months old next Halloween, which is still too young to care what her costume is. Or to even realize that she's wearing a costume. Eventually she'll want to be (fill in the name of the main character of whatever popular new children's movie is out), but for now I get to pick the costumes and I'm sticking to cute and cuddley.

And who knows. Maybe by this time next year I'll have her trained to fetch my slippers.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted Elise and Andy to be Pebbles and Bam Bam next year.

    ReplyDelete