Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baby's First Toothbrush

We bought Elise an infant toothbrush. Have you seen these things? It's a rubbery tube that has soft little rubbery bristles on the end. It came with flouride-free, safe-to-eat toothpaste for babies.

Elise was pretty much like, "Yum! Toothpaste tastes great! But please stop rubbing my gums now."

I'm not sure how much benefit Elise will get from toothbrushing at this point in her life. But I figure it can't hurt. And it will also get her used to adults helping her brush her teeth. Bo was not used to an adult brushing his teeth and so we had a hard time making sure his teeth were clean. A 3 year old just isn't coordinated enough to do a good job of cleaning all the surfaces in his mouth.

Husband has less than perfect teeth and I have bad gums, so Elise definitely needs to take really good care of her mouth.

1 comment:

  1. I've been rubbing Andy's 2 teeth with a warm washcloth once or twice per day. He likes to suck on the washcloth when I finish. He also likes to suck on the soapy washcloths in his bath tub. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete