Saturday, November 20, 2010

Climbing and Eating

Today was a day of firsts for Elise. First successful climb. First time feeding herself.

For a week or so now, Elise has made little high-stepping motions with her legs when she's wanted to climb up onto something. For example, she'll pull up from the floor to the edge of the couch. Then she sees a cat on the back of the couch, so she makes some I'm-trying-to-climb-but-have-no-idea-how-to-do-this movements with her feet. Well, today there was a tupperware box on the floor-- the kind you use to store sweaters under your bed or whatever-- and she climbed it and sat ontop. Yay! Baby Baby king of the mountain!

Oh! And today Elise had her first kiwi. Not impressed. She didn't spit it out, but she sure didn't like it. Serious stinkface. We'll try again tomorrow.

This evening I was feeding Elise little pieces of bread, and when my head was turned she reached and grabbed one out of my hand. I watched to see what she'd do and she brought it to her mouth and ate it. Guess I was taking too long. 'Scuze me, missy! Necessity is the mother of invention, right? I guess she needed bread, so she figured out how to get it to her little mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment