Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Dreamt I Held You In My Arms

Elise has been sleeping in her pack-n-play exclusively since this past Monday. It's been rough. Rough on her, rough on me, rough on Husband. I miss having her next to me in bed at night. But I know she's safer in her own bed and we'll all get better sleep eventually.

Eventually. Not now. Elise is not sleeping well at all.

Monday night was hard. Lots of waking up, crying, angriness at not being picked up. Tuesday night was worse. Wednesday night was the worst of all. I said to Husband before we got into bed Wednesday night, "I think this will be the peak. Tonight will be really hard." And it was. CONSTANT crying. Elise barely slept that night.

But things are getting better now. We still have a ways to go before she's sleeping through the night, but there has been definite improvement. Last night Elise slept uninterrupted for two good blocks of time-- from 9:30 to 1:00 and from 3:00 to 7:00. Yay! She didn't even get up for her 4am feeding.

So, here's to hoping tonight is just as good or better! Mommy needs some sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment