Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tele-phony

My phone rings today.

Me: Hello?

Speaker: Hi, this is So-And-So calling on behalf of Your Case Manager. I was wondering if we could come for a home visit at __ time on __ day this week?

M: Sure! That's fine. Say... I've been trying to get in touch with Case Manager for a couple of weeks now. Is she in the office? Or maybe on vacation?

S: She's in the office. She was out last week but she's back now.

(Uncomfortable silence.)

M: Okay. Well. I'm sure that she'll be in touch with me soon, then. Thanks.

What the friggedy is THAT?! Having some random person in your office call me so you don't have to talk to me? Case Manager! Have a heart, please! I get that you're busy. I get it. But after telling me that Georgia and Henry might move soon, then we don't hear anything for over 2 weeks? Just a quick update would be nice.

Husband said that if they trained case managers to be extra nice to the foster parents and try to see things from our perspective, there would be an even higher turnover rate and nothing would get done. Maybe he's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment