Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day!

Happy MLK Day! We began a new family tradition today. Husband and I decided that on MLK Day each year we will have a family outing to a museum and learn about the world around us together as a family.

Originally, I wanted to go to our local black history museum, but it was closed today. I can't figure out if that is weird and ironic or totally appropriate. So we went to a museum dedicated to our state's history instead. It was cool-- good exhibits. My sister and brother-in-law met up with us at the museum, as well.

The kids did a good job of behaving, considering how little they are. I think that their favorite part of the trip was snack time, though. I brought graham crackers for a snack, which Henry loves. And anytime Georgia gets a bottle, she's happy. Elise got to play on some stairs that were near where we sat down to eat. She REALLY loved climbing the stairs. Cried and cried when it was time to go.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment