Friday, February 18, 2011

I Spy Dinky

Yesterday was a big day for me, not just because James was born but I also got my first glimpse of Dinky.

First ultrasound. I'm definitely pregnant. And my little ball of baby has a heartbeat.

I had to have the kind of ultrasound where they stick a wand up your hooha rather than the one where the rub the device over your belly. Well, the midwife tried the belly one first, but when she couldn't locate the baby she used the up-the-lady-parts wand.

I thought I was almost 8 weeks along, but she thinks that I'm actually about a week earlier. So I'd be 7 weeks now. My period wasn't super predictable yet since I was only just starting to ovulate again since giving birth, so the date of the start of my last menstrual cycle isn't the best indicator for when I got pregnant. Based on the baby's current size, I'm just now 7 weeks along. I'll have another ultrasound at my next OBGYN's visit and they'll compare the new baby measurement to the old one and then give me a more accurate gestational age and due date.

Oh, Dinky! EVERYTHING about you is a suprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment