Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Present From Elise

Today Elise signed for "potty," I took her, and she did a big pee with lots of farts. YESSSSSSS!!! SHE told ME it was time to go potty, instead of me just guessing when she needs to go. Potty training, here we come!

She's been using her potty chair for a while now, rather than me holding her over the toilet. She likes the potty chair. She sits right down on it as soon as I take her diaper off. Sometimes I have to make the "pssssss" noise to cue her to pee, and sometimes she just goes on her own.

I can say without a doubt that the E.C. has already helped us with potty training. Elise is sooooo much more aware of her body than, say, Henry is. She's very comfortable with using the potty, she knows just what to do with the right cue, and she's naturally learning to eliminate as soon as she sits on the potty. Potty training with Elise at this stage in the game is super stress free.

I know that if I'd really stuck with E.C. and been very consistent, I could probably have Elise mostly out of diapers by now. But our lives were sort of chaotic because of being foster parents. I'm very happy with the successes we've had and the benefit we continue to enjoy from E.C.

Good pottying, Elise!

No comments:

Post a Comment