Sunday, April 1, 2012

Relicensing

Husband and I are in the middle of getting our foster care license renewed. It's a gigantic pain in the butt. Home visits, inspections, fingerprinting, and paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. After everything gets settled with Henry and Georgia, we'll probably take a break from fostering. I'm getting pretty burned out with regard to dealing with "the system." Having four small children is hard enough. Having one with developmental delays complicates things. But then having all of these extra adults I have to deal with-- most of whom are too lazy to do their job properly or in a timely manner-- and have to beg to get anything done for my foster kids is enough to make me feel like I must be a lunatic.

Have you seen this (fake) article in The Onion where Obama asks a crowd at a rally "why on God's green earth would I voluntarily subject myself to this nonsense for another four years?" That's kind of how I (not fake) feel. Being a foster parent is something that I feel is good, something I believe in, and something that I am proud to be a part of. It's just all of these other jokers that are part of the same system that make the whole experience something between unpleasant and unbearable.

There are a bunch of court dates scheduled for this month. Hopefully we'll start getting some idea of what will be going on with the kids soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment