Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Is Wrong With You People?

As if on cue, right after posting about child abuse, Husband and I called the cops tonight on some stranger we saw hurting a little kid. We were driving away from a business we'd just left when we see a lady dragging this kid out by the collar of his shirt. You know, bad form. But we've all been there. For all I know the kid just spit in her face or something.Then she slams the kid up against a railing along a walk way. She slams him again and again and again. Yikes, right? She slaps him. Now I'm thinking "Holy crap." Then she grabs his collar again and spins him across the walk way and throws him into the opposite railing. That was pretty much when I realized that this definitely needed to be reported.

The kid wasn't resisting the lady. He was just sort of cowering. Crying. But not trying to fight her in a way that could lead to me maybe misinterpreting the situation. She was bullying him and he was taking it. If that's what she does in public, I can't even imagine what she does in the privacy of their home.

I wonder if the cops went to the business in time to find them. I wonder if the kid got in more trouble with that lady some how because the cops showed up. I wonder if that lady is already being watched for child abuse and the kid is going to get taken away from her.

That poor little kid. I wish he could know that someone saw what's happening to him and that it's not okay for someone to hurt him like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment