Saturday, April 28, 2012

Vulva Ears

Henry had a bracelet on yesterday. He was trying to tell me something and the word he was saying sounded like "oval." I'm 99% sure that's not what he was saying but sometimes I intentionally mishear the kids, say the word I wish they had said, and then praise them for using that word. Positive reinforcement. Then they're more likely to use that word again to get the praise. It's a little vocab building technique I like to use every once in a while.

So, Henry said his mumbly word and I said, "Oval?" Henry mumbled again and again I said, "Oval?"

But then Elise mishears me and says, "Vulva hole? Vulva hole, Mommy?"

"What! No. Oval."

"Vulva hole! Hahahahahaha! Vulva hole! Hahahahahahahaha!"

THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID! What the flipdoodle?! I would never say "vulva hole." Ugh! Elise hears vulvas and penises in everything. She's had genitalia on the brain lately, too, because she recently asked me if our cat Vincent has a "teeny penis."

Please, please, please just let her not say "vulva hole" in public in front of strangers. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment