Monday, October 5, 2009

Belly Band

I'm wearing that belly band thing. I don't know what it's officially called. It's that stretchy band that goes over your non-maternity pants so that you can wear them unbuttoned.

It's definitely nice to be able to breathe properly and to allow a little room for my tummy. My main criticism is that the brand I bought comes in only one size. I'm a smaller person. It would actually be nice if the band were a little tighter-- I think it would hold my pants together better. If I weren't so petite, I think the band would work even better for me. I have to keep adjusting it.

Also, I have to wear an extra long shirt to cover the band. Regular maternity pants have just the stomach part made of that stretchy material. But to use the belly band, you have to put it over your hips and down below your open zipper. It's hard to keep covered up.

All in all, the belly band is a win. Pregnancy is not about convenience, just about making a difficult situation work.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to hear more totally subjective reviews of any maternity oriented products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be happy you have things like that, when I was pregnant with you there were no such things. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i am happy! i just wish that they made "little mama," "mama," and "big mama" sizes. women don't come in just one size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sense an entrepreneurial spirit. You should go into business with this idea. Or even better, sell it to someone else and move on to the next great maternity idea.

    ReplyDelete