Saturday, October 3, 2009

Stuffin'

You know what this stage of pregnancy feels like? Not counting the nausea, my body basically feels the same way as when I overeat. It's like I just pigged out at Thanksgiving dinner. My belly feels distended and all I want to do is burp, fart, poop, and possibly sleep my way back to a normal-feeling stomach. I want to loosen my pants, stretch out on the couch, sleep for an hour... wake up and eat another bowl of mashed potatoes because they tasted really good and even though I'm not hungry, my stomach already feels terrible so what will 10 more bites really hurt... and go back to sleep. The difference between pregnancy and Thanksgiving is that my belly doesn't eventually go "back to normal." I feel stuffed all of the time.

I'm the turkey and I'm full of baby stuffing.

2 comments:

  1. so that's what you've been baking in your oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many food metaphors, you must really be hungry a lot.

    ReplyDelete