Sunday, October 25, 2009

Paper Dolls

So, I had this weird habit for a while. Each week, I would read about how big the baby was supposed to be. Then I would measure the length out on a piece of paper, draw what I imagined the baby's body would look like, and cut out the drawing with some scissors. I would marvel at the size of the baby and hold the paper cut-out up to my belly so that I could imagine the baby inside of me.

I feel a little silly about it now. But before I could feel the baby move, that was a way for me to connect with it.

2 comments:

  1. That may be the weirdest, most awesome thing I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. it sounded even crazier when i just re-read the post. pregnancy hormones make you nutty, i swear.

    blogs are the modern day confessional, you know?

    ReplyDelete