Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pregnant Hair and Nails

I'm lucky. My hair has always been thick and quick-growing. More than once, I've had a hairdresser say to me, "I should charge you for TWO hair cuts... look at all this hair!"

I've read that between pregnancy hormones and prenatal vitamins, many women notice their hair becoming thicker, healthier, and growing faster. I can't say that I've noticed a difference in my own hair.

I also read that many women lose a lot of hair after they give birth, as their homones change again. Scary amounts of hair. Am-I-going-to-go-bald-? amounts of hair. (It all balances out eventually, though.) I'm hoping that since my hair doesn't seem to be changing during pregnancy, it won't change after pregnancy, either. I've got a ways to go before I'm bald, but still... clumps of hair falling out in the shower would concern me nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment