Friday, December 4, 2009

Dream: Oh Yeah, I'm Pregnant

I had a dream the other night that I was walking around a mall with this really attractive Chinese guy named Chung. We were flirting, and I wasn't being subtle at all about my intentions. As we rode up and down the escalators (what's that you say, Dr. Freud?) I was asking Chung to tell me his favorite way to kiss (etc., etc... I won't repeat all of my shamefully forward questions).

Then I suddenly remembered that I'm married. "That's okay," I thought to myself, "I only want to have sex with Chung."

During my dreams, I'm often highly aware of the fact that I'm dreaming. Here, I rationalized that my dream Husband must be off somewhere doing the same thing with some hot, Asian girl. And so my flirtation with Chung must be okay. I'm usually not one to let guilt stand in the way of my dream sex.

But after I remembered that I'm married, I also remembered that I'm pregnant. That was too much for my subconscious to rationalize away-- I woke up.

Call me in a few months, Chung!

3 comments:

  1. When you start looking into what your dreams mean while pregnant, it gets scary. For instance, my dreams last night indicate that I'm afraid of sex with my partner. Clearly, not the case. It's just funny to attempt interpreting preggo dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dreams get really weird sometimes, but i think it's because i usually have a snack before i go to bed. food right before sleep really makes my dreams kooky. also, eating before bedtime gives me a good excuse for not thinking too deeply about what the dreams mean. instead of thinking, "am i afraid of being trapped into a sexless existence because of motherhood?" i think "no more bananas after 9:00."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chung!!! I love it!!!

    I had a "sexy" dream recently about (I'll write his name in a way that doesn't reveal him yet you will know who he is) "Bradam Bruenberg" and Willem Dafoe. At the same time.

    It was weird.

    I wish my conscious mind HAD kicked in. :(

    ReplyDelete