Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Pokey Little Puppy

Last night was horrible. I couldn't sleep.

There's this one spot on my left side that where I can often feel a little baby foot/elbow/knee/whatever. A hard lump of baby poking against my already over-stretched belly. It's uncomfortable at best and down right painful sometimes. Last night, I kept waking up in pain. That little spot felt bruised and Baby had her foot/elbow/knee/whatever firmly lodged in place. She did not want to move.

I tried everything. Changing positions, pressing against both sides of my belly to get her to move, talking to her nicely, taking to her with pain and frustration in my voice. She'd move for a second, and then slide her little baby body right back against my ouch spot.

I've been hurting all day long today. I finally gave up on trying to get her to move when I pressed against the baby bump and she swiftly hit me right back in that bruised spot about 6 times in a row. That REALLY hurt.

Fine, Elise. You win. I just hope I get a callus or something, because 3 more months of painful baby poking might drive me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment