Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snap, Crackle, and Pop

My lower backbone has been popping like crazy lately. Not the stress-relieving crackling of a good stretch, either. Just about any time I get up from lying down, "CRRRRRRAAAAACK!" right up four or five of my lower vertebrae.

One of my coworkers, remembering his wife's pregnancy years ago, has asked me if my hips have started popping yet. I guess his wife would get crackly hips if she sat down for too long. My hips aren't popping, just my back. I read that pregnant ladies' backs do change to accomodate the baby and the extra weight, so maybe that's what's happening to me.

My belly sure is getting bigger. The baby's supposed to weigh about 1.5 pounds right now. That doesn't sound like much, but carrying it around your waist all day DOES get tiring. Not to mention the amniotic fluid and the giant boobies. It's like carrying weights with you everywhere you go. Gosh. No wonder I'm so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment