Saturday, December 5, 2009

You're Getting On My Nerves, Baby

Pregnancy sciatica. Add that one to the list.

Fortunately it only lasted for about 6 hours last night. I feel better this morning.

My lower back had been hurting all day yesterday. I have that spot on my right side that is pretty much always sore, and yesterday it hurt extra. Well, at about 5:00 last night I started feeling that numb, pins-and-needles feeling one gets when their extremities start to fall asleep. The tingles crept down my back and over my butt and spread down my right leg. It didn't officially hurt, but it was uncomfortable. Then, within an hour, I had a shooting pain from the achy spot in my lower back to the back of my knee on my right leg. It was terribly painful when I stood up, and manageably painful when I sat down. I literally couldn't stand up for more than a few minutes.

I asked Husband to rub my leg and back for a while, but that didn't help. Then I tried squishing on the baby to make it move, since I figured that the baby must somehow be responsible. No dice. At least I feel better this morning. I read that some ladies have sciatica for months during their pregnancy, and that sometimes it even lasts after the birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment