Thursday, December 3, 2009

In The Middle Of The Night

There was a brief time, after my hormones calmed down from the first trimester and before the baby was big enough to squish my bladder, when I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. Those were the days.

Not that I've slept through the night since I've been pregnant. Don't get me wrong. First it was the night sweats that would wake me. (Fortunately, those are gone for now. Those first trimester hormones really did a number on me.) Then came the waking up at 2 a.m. to pee. And now I wake up whenever I have to turn over. Turning over in bed is no easy task when you're pregnant. I'm not even that big yet, but I can't flop around in my sleep like I used to, so I wake up instead. And my middle-of-the-night urges to go to the bathroom are back again, as Baby is clearly using my bladder as an ottoman. Between the peeing and the shifting of positions, I wake up at least 5 or 6 times every night.

I guess that my body is just trying to get me ready for the interrupted sleep that I will experience once Baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment