Sunday, October 31, 2010

Baby's First Halloween

My sweet Baby Baby celebrated her first Halloween today. No candy. She DID get some cinnamon on her breakfast of oatmeal and apples, though. LOVED it!

Elise was a monkey. I'm not crafty; we bought the costume. It was super cute.

We went to our friends' neighborhood, which makes a big production of the Halloween festivities. We didn't trick or treat, but we walked Elise around to see the costumes and the decorated houses. She had a great time.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I swear that Halloween costumes are getting skimpier and sluttier every year. Last year it was the moms. I saw several middle aged ladies walking around in what I could only assume were the very outfits that lead to their childrens' conceptions. This year it was hands down the teenaged girls.

I kept asking Husband, "Where are their PARENTS?!" Mostly it was little short skirts and thigh-high stockings. Weird sexy Raggedy Ann costumes or whatever. Then we saw this one girl. There is NO WAY her costume didn't come from an adult store. No way. Trick or treat indeed! You look like you're 15 and I CAN SEE YOUR ASS! I don't like Halloween costumes that make me feel like I'm breaking some sort of law just by looking at them.

Elise. You were a cute little monkey for your first Halloween. Strangers oohed and ahhed over your adorableness. If I EVER catch your teeneaged ass hanging out of a Halloween costume, I am going to make you WISH you lived far, far away in a tree in a jungle somewhere. No one will be mistaking MY daughter for the trick on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment