Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby Round Up

What's going on with the kiddos? Here are some notes:

* Still no DNA tests being taken to establish Henry's paternity. At first I was kind of annoyed about this-- why wouldn't someone step forward and be a dad to their child? At least figure out if they ARE the dad? But now I've realized that if Presumed Father isn't going to be a man about this, then he sure doesn't deserve the legal rights of fatherhood-- visits and possible custody and that sort of thing. So take your time Presumed Father! The longer you drag this out, the less time I have to spend dealing with you. Henry deserves better than to be treated this way.

* Therapy is going well for Georgia and Henry. They're both making progress. Very happy about that. Very happy.

* Georgia is teething again. She is MISERABLE when she has teeth coming in. Poor baby. She has 7 teeth now, which is one more than Elise, even though Elise is older. Just goes to show that every baby is different.

* Elise is still trying to say new words every day. Today it was hippo ("hippa"). She also learned the sound an elephant makes, even imitating my arm-as-an-elephant's-trunk motion. She really likes to say "apple" and she says it all day long, even if there are no apples around and we aren't talking about apples. Either that or she's calling me an asshole. Which is possible, I guess, but probably not very likely. I'm just not even going to worry about that until we hit the teenage years.

* Dinky continues to be the world's best tenant. I've had less morning sickness, fewer headaches, less sweatiness, less constipation, less fatigue, and fewer aches and pains this pregnancy than I could have imagined possible after the torture that Elise put me through. At this rate, you might even get your security deposit back, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment