Monday, May 16, 2011

Giant Belly

I compared a couple of pictures from my pregnancy with Elise to pictures of my pregnancy now with Dinky and my belly really is bigger this time around.

First this made me laugh and joke that Dinky is reclining and stretching out in my belly, enjoying the extra room. Then it made me cry and get scared that he'd be too big to come out vaginally. Husband reassured me that they'd said nothing about Dinky being oversized at my last ultrasound. Which I guess is true. I might have to keep my big, saggy uterus tucked down one pant leg and into my sock after the baby is born, but that doesn't mean that HE will be big.

At least my boobs are bigger this time, too. I mean, I know it has to do with the fact that I'm still breastfeeding, but I'm just glad everything is still in proportion.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that usually the case? I was just talking about this with my mom because I have another friend who is pregnant for the second time and she is wayyy bigger this time around. My mom was saying that your body has an easier time stretching the second time, which makes sense. Like a rubber band? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely feel fewer aches and pains this time-- i guess there's less stretching going on, like you said. so, on one hand, it's nice to be slightly more comfortable the second time around... on the other hand, i outgrew my non-maternity pants in record time. i know that i'm pregnant and not just gaining weight, but it's still a sad day for anyone when you can't fit your favorite pair of jeans over your hips.

    ReplyDelete