Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I got an early Mother's Day present from the kids last night. Henry laid down on the floor and pulled his pajama shirt up, making himself comfortable. Then the the girls crawled over to him, on either side, and both began poking his belly. He started laughing and that made the girls laugh, too. Seeing Elise and Georgia tickle Henry was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

I got another presnt from Elise today. At my request, Husband got up early this morning and went and got the adults donuts and orange juice, and the kids bagels. Elise was already awake when Husband left for the grocery store, but Henry and Georgia were sleeping in. So Elise and I were lying in bed, just hanging out.

Sometimes Elise makes this silly face. I don't know how to describe it other than as a comical face of terror. She sticks her hands up near her face and tightens the muscles in her extended hands until they start shaking. She opens her eyes really wide. She opens her mouth wide, too, but sets her bottom jaw at a funny angle. It's very strange and I don't know why she does it, other than it seems to sometimes happen when she's slightly frustrated or being told to stop doing something.

Well, this morning in bed, Elise made a hysterical mock-terror face. I lost it. And then she kept making increasingly silly versions of that face because she was enjoying making me laugh. She must have made 10 or 15 crazy faces. So that was my present from Elise this morning. Hilarity.

I had a good day. The whole day was nice, really. My family is wonderful.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment