Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baby Dream: See-through Belly

Last night I dreamed that I was lying in bed with Husband. It wasn't my real bed, but it was my bed in the dream. This big, four poster deal with lots of pillows and under-stuffed comforters. The baby was kicking, so I lifted up my shirt, wondering if we could see the movements yet.

The baby kicked, and when its little foot was pressed against my belly, we could see it. Sort of like that foggy glass that people have in shower stalls-- you can't really see anything unless it's pressed right up against it. The foot looked weird, sort of like a hamster foot, and I told myself that the baby was still forming and didn't have much fat yet so not to worry.

The baby turned and we could see its face. It had a little piggy nose, but I thought that that might just be because its face was pressed against my belly as it was moving, dragging the nose upward. That's what I was hoping, anyway.

It was a strange dream, watching the baby move around inside of me like that. Maybe I'm just anxious for my next ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment