Friday, August 21, 2009

The flu? Are you kidding me?

I threw up repeatedly last night. Since I usually vomit from morning sickness in the morning, I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that I caught the flu. NOT "swine flu"-- I have no cough. Mild fever, upset stomach, and fatigue, but no cough.

I watched the Octomom special online last night, pausing it to throw up every once in a while. While I was vomiting I would think, "I wonder how bad morning sickness is when you're pregnant with eight kids." The schadenfreude provided only momentary relief.

It seems unfair that a pregnant lady who is already suffering from morning sickness and who JUST stopped throwing up every day should catch the flu. Or maybe it's extra fair. Like, "Hey, you're already feeling crappy and now that you've had lots of practice throwing up... here ya go."

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry. The flu doesn't make people throw up or have an upset stomach. And if you don't have a high fever or cough, it's almost certainly not the flu. Chances are that you caught another virus and it should be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh...maybe your body is just stressed out. take it easy. i wish i was there to bring you juice, but i'm sure your husband is doing an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jen, you are smart and i am giving the flu a bad name.

    anyway, it was apparently just the onset of horrible, terrible, ridiculously bad morning sickness. :(

    ReplyDelete