Saturday, August 22, 2009

More Baby Boy Dreams

I keep dreaming that this baby is a boy!

The night before last, I dreamed that I looked down at my chest and it was covered in hair. I thought, "I must be having a boy! His testosterone is making me grow chest hair." Then I pondered whether it was better to shave it and deal with stubble or just let it grow.

Last night, I dreamed that my mother had a baby boy. I asked her what she named him and she said, "William Robert." (Billy Bob???) My mother went on to tell me all about the epidural procedure she experienced and that now people put their babies in cages to sleep because its safer for the kid.

5 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to ask you about names...but now I am afraid to!

    Were you watching the Discovery Health show about children with wolfman syndrome? Stay away from Discovery Health for the rest of your pregnancy. The only advice I will ever give you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will send you an email about names.

    and i shouldnt even be looking at the INTERNET right now. have you heard of Angelman syndrome (aka, "happy puppet syndrome")? it's prevalence is 1/20,000 but my first thought was "omg. i've never met anyone with that disease. i've probably met 20,000 in my lifetime. my baby is totally going to get happy puppet syndrome! i'm going to be the mother of the 1 out of 20,000!" now, i know that is not how statistics work... but in that moment i was pretty panicked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I couldn't get past "happy puppet syndrome" without laughing so hard that I stopped reading...oh boy, let me guess what it is...where the baby is born with permanent puppet lines? Like what old people get restylane for? Okay, let me finish reading...

    Wait...you didn't say what it is! Now I have to go look it up. In the meanwhile, please stop researching rare diseases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - just looked it up! And it's named after Caroto's "Boy With a Puppet" - frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is art imitating life... or is life imitating art?

    ReplyDelete