Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank You, Insurance Company!

Yaaaaaay!!! The insurance company just approved my anti-nausea medicine! I'm so happy.

Edited to add:

I went to get my prescription filled after work today only to be told that the pharmacy's computer did not indicate that the insurance company had approved my medication for insurance coverage. The nice girl behind the counter at Walgreen's told me that their computer is linked to the insurance company's computer and so any updates are automatic. I immediately called the insurance company and spoke to a fairly incompetent lady who, after a series of questions, revealed to me that her computer there at the insurance company does not show any change to my allowance for the anti-nausea pills, either. So whoever from the insurance company told my nurse that the medication has been approved and then faxed her the information showing that the change has been made did not update the change in the proper computer database.

I asked the pharmacist to give me just one pill for tomorrow morning, hoping that by the time I return there tomorrow afternoon, my insurance problem will be solved. Did I say it costs $11 without insurance? I mean $16. So lets hope that the insurance company can get their act together tomorrow so that I don't have to buy a weekend's supply of pills without insurance coverage. I don't have an extra $100 lying around right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment