Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yesterday at the Doctor's Office

So, before I tell you about the last 6 and 1/2 weeks, let me tell you what happened yesterday.

After I was done seeing the doctor, I decided to use the bathroom before heading back to work. There was blood. I've had some occasional spotting but this seemed like more than usual. I went and told the nurse, who had me wait to see the doctor again. The doctor told me (as she has before) that there's a 30% chance of miscarriage in a new pregnancy and that there's almost nothing that can be done to stop a miscarriage in the 1st trimester. She also said that some bleeding in the beginning isn't that uncommon. The doctor told me to go get my blood taken the next day (today) so that we can see if my hormone levels look okay. Then I'll need to get them rechecked in a week.

I got my blood drawn this morning and got the results back this afternoon. The number looks good (43,876) but without a number to compare it to, there's no way to know for sure if everything is okay. Once I get my blood drawn next week and we see if the number is going up or down, we can figure out if the blood yesterday was a bad sign or no big deal.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

2 comments: