Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sick and Tired

I just took a 25 minute nap on the floor of my office. And you know what? It was SOOOOO worth it. Man, I'm tired lately.

I'm still spotting. In fact, when I went and got my first ultrasound done on Monday, it was because my appointment had been moved up by a week because I called and told the OBGYN's office about the bleeding. As of Monday, the baby appeared okay. Right on target for growth at 7 weeks. The midwife said that this early in the pregnancy all we can do is wait and hope for the best. Which is what I'm doing.

My morning sickness is HORRIBLE, by the way. I haven't actually thrown up yet, but I'm constantly nauseaus and dry heaving. I'm so hungry all of the time but I dread eating because I feel unbelievably sick as soon as the food hits my stomach. I got some of those Sea Bands things-- the bracelets with the little nubs that press on your pressure points. They actually do help me quite a bit, but I feel so awful that they provide only a limited amount of relief.

My mother told me how she had morning sickness all 9 months when she was pregnant with me. Oh PLEASE let that not be hereditary!

1 comment:

  1. Little do you know that I step in mud and dog poo and then tromp around your office while you are not in there. You've been warned about sleeping in your office now....

    ReplyDelete