Tuesday, October 12, 2010

And I Was Worried About the Teeth...

I was so worried that Elise would start biting my nipples once she got her teeth in. Boy, were my fears misplaced. She's been PINCHING me!

It really hurts. Elise grabs at my breast as she's feeding and squeezes and pinches. I've tried moving her hands away, giving her my shirt or my bra or my hand to hold, telling her "no," and yelling "ouch" so she knows it hurts me. She's very persistent and just goes right back to pinching no matter what I do.

I actually noticed a bruise this morning. I'm not kidding-- she's hurting me! I think my strategy will be to just keep taking her hand away and saying firmly, "That hurts Mommy." Hopefully she'll either figure out that I'm not happy with what she's doing or she'll get past this phase.

From erogenous zone to lunch boxes to punching bags... thank you for your service, boobies.

1 comment:

  1. Andy piches too and pulls too. He also chomps down with his gums and pulls. What the heck is that about? He went to the pediatrician today and she said his gums are a little swollen- may be an indication that some teeth are coming in. Uh oh.

    ReplyDelete