Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mango Baby Food

Elise had mango for the first time yesterday. She loved it!

I must admit that I'd never bought a fresh mango before. I'd bought mango already prepared in things like pastries and there's this fruit cocktail that Husband and I love. But never a fresh mango. I asked one of the grocery store workers from the produce section to help me pick a fresh one out. None of them were ripe, but he found me the ripest one he could. In retrospect, I maybe should have let the mango ripen a few more days than I did before preparing it. I didn't know. Like I said, I was new to fresh mangoes. But Elise loved the mango baby food anyway.

Fruits are easy to make into baby food. You either just mash them, or steam them and then mash or puree them. I mean, obviously you can bake apples or peaches or whatever, but you don't have to do it that way. Which is good, because I love making food for Elise but I don't have an infinite amount of time.

One drawer in the freezer is full of Elise's food right now. Just keeping the stores of food up takes a good bit of time. I need to make her more pears right now because she's completely out. Plus she's low on green beans, carrots, oatmeal, and I don't know what else. Ugh. I should put half as much effort into thinking about what I should be eating. I'd be so healthy.

1 comment:

  1. I will have some mangoes for Elise next time she visits. I am an expert mango-picker-outer. I will have to sample some though, as it is one of my favorite fruits. Andy should try some too.

    ReplyDelete