Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby Menu

Now that Elise has a good number of foods that she's tried (she had pureed baked white potato tonight for the first time, by the way), I've started to make her a weekly menu. I want to make sure that she gets a good variety of foods. Also, it helps me plan for what foods I need to make more of that week.

I make sure that Elise has at least one fruit, one vegetable, and one grain every day. She usually gets two different foods for breakfast and three different foods for dinner. So, for example, she might have banana and oatmeal mixed together for breakfast and then for dinner have butternut squash mixed with apple and a side of green beans. The next day will be entirely different foods.

I'm careful to only mix together the foods that I actually think would taste good mixed together. So no pear and yellow squash stirred up in the same cup, although they might be served together during the same meal. I've seen adults mix baby foods together in combinations that I know for a fact they wouldn't eat themselves. Babies have taste buds, people!

So far, no serious complaints about my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment