Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jogging Stroller

We bought a jogging stroller yesterday. Husband and I were dropping stuff off at Goodwill and saw a great deal on a jogging stroller, so we decided to get it. Husband and I actually used to run, before I got preggers, so maybe we'll be able to get back into it. Very exciting.

We're still doing well with our goal of walking for exercise. We walk about 4 times a week, and we've just increased the distance to 2 miles per trip.

Not only do Husband and I want to get into better shape, we want Elise to think of exercise as a regular part of life. Something you do out of habit. We went on walks a lot with Bo while he was living with us, too. We want our kids to think of an evening walk as something that's nice and relaxing, and so we show Elise by example and make it a part of her routine as often as possible.

I want Elise to be healthy and strong. I try to do everything I can think of to make sure that she has as many advantages as possible. I quit working so that she wouldn't have to go to day care. I breastfeed, make all of her food, read to her every day. I can't forget that she's observing, too. Learning patterns. Developing a sense of what's normal and comfortable to her. It may seem like taking walks every night is mostly for me right now, but I think that in the long run they will benefit Elise, too.

Maybe one day when I'm old she'll return the favor and check me out of the nursing home every once in a while to wheel me up and down the street. "Hear the dog barking, Ma? That's a doggie! Ruff! Ruff!"

No comments:

Post a Comment