Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Carrot Dance

I steamed and pureed some carrots for my little baby bunny today. She ate almost all of her serving, but it was kind of rough going. She'd occasionally make faces and do a little "carrot dance," which consisted of her straightening her back, whipping her head to the side, and flapping her arms.

Elise never gagged like she did with the green beans, but she clearly finds the taste of carrots to be all but overwhelming. I remember HATING cooked carrots as a child. Raw was okay, but cooked grossed me out. In retrospect, I don't know if it was the texture or the taste. But I'm not surprised that Elise was a little freaked out by her carrot baby food.

In other news, Brother-In-Law shaved Husband's hair into a mohawk today. It looks pretty awesome. One day Elise will see pictures and say, "Dad had a MOHAWK when I was a baby?!" I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment