Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lightening Up

I weighed myself last night and (drum roll please!) I AM BACK TO MY PRE-PREGNANCY WEIGHT!!!

Just under 7 months. I could have done it a lot quicker, if I'd really watched what I ate and was better about exercising. But whatever. I feel lucky that most of the weight came off on its own.

Of course, my body doesn't look the same. I might weigh what I used to, but my hips are forever slightly wider, everything is jiggly and untoned, and my abs could use some serious work. So it's time to start toning up. Weights, crunches, push ups, in addition to our regular walks.

Having a baby really takes a toll on a woman's body. My advice to anyone thinking about getting pregnant is to get in shape first. Easier pregnancy, easier delivery, easier recovery. If Husband and I ever decide to try for another biological baby, you can bet that I'm training for that event like it's a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment