Sunday, August 8, 2010

Another Elise!!!

So. This girl that I had one class with my first year of graduate school-- a friend of a friend sort of person-- and who, consequently, is one of my "friends" on a social networking website has just given birth to a little girl AND NAMED HER ELISE.

Okay. If I walked into a party (this is a fantasy, of course, because with three babies you don't WALK anywhere-- you sort of slide-drag-shuffle-stumble) and someone was wearing the same dress that I had on, I would not be like, "Oh my god, I'm mortified." I'd be like, "Thank god some one else liked that dress, too... I feel validated." Plus, I'm sure that my boobs would look better in the dress anyway, because I AM breastfeeding after all. But that's not the point. Same dress, cool, whatever. But name your baby the same wonderful baby name that I picked out for my own perfect baby? I want to claw your eyes out.

Maybe I'm exaggerating.

Not really, though.

I picked "Elise" in part because it's a name that's cool but not trendy. And if other people start using it, it will be trendy. Ugh! How awful would it be to have been, like, six months ahead of the "Madison" explosion?

Even though my Elise is the best Elise, I want to stop other Elises altogether. One Elise per social networking circle, please. One Elise per school district. One Elise per office building.

Follow my made up baby naming rules, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment