Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Guacamole? Success!

I found the simplest and easiest recipe possible for guacamole, tried it out, and managed to delight Husband's highly selective tastebuds. Victory!

So it looks like Elise's 6 month old happy-birthday-and-here's-your-first-solid-food celebration will be Mexican themed. She'll have avocado, we'll have nachos, I'll play our cd of salsa music (Husband and I took some salsa lessons together back in the day) and we'll make lots of Dora the Explorer references, even though Elise is too young to get them.

I suppose that Elise's extra long name (two middle names and a hyphenated last name) is sort of in the Latin tradition. Also, when we used to swaddle her, she looked like a little burrito. Oh! And I craved 7 layer burritos when I was pregnant! So Elise's ties to the Latin community are tenuous at best, but not completely non-existent. I was baptized in the Catholic church. That should count for something.

Okay, Elise. How does sangria milk sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment