Sunday, August 22, 2010

Green Bean Puree

Made my baby some green bean baby food today. I had some frozen organic green beans, so I steamed them in the microwave and then put them in the blender. Now they're in the freezer, waiting for Elise to start eating solids.

The homemade green bean baby food looks so bright green and smells so fresh! It's not like the slightly off-color, bland mush that I think of when I think about jarred baby food. I'm sure that baby food is better now than when my sister and my cousins were babies. You can even get organic baby food at the grocery store, and I've started seeing baby food in the freezer section, too. Baby food revolution!

Oh! I think I mentioned that I want avocado to be Elise's first solid food. Well, I got this idea that on Elise's 6 month birthday, she would eat her first bite of avocado and Husband and I would eat some sort of avocado dessert. As if we were sharing a special birthday treat.

Well. I found this recipe for fudge that uses avocado. I was thrilled! Fortunately, I had the foresight to try the recipe out before Elise's birthday-thingy. To me, it tastes like regular fudge. You can occasionally taste a little bit of something different... but I would never say, "Is there avocado in this fudge? What's going on here?" Husband, however, did not like the fudge.

:(

So, I guess we're having chips and guacamole. Unless I ruin that recipe, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment