Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Stuff

I said stuff was going on the other day. Well. Husband and I were being considered as potential adoptive parents for a sibling group of three. Husband and I had a LOT to talk about. Very long, very emotional night. One of the kids is 12 years old, which is well outside of the age range that we initially felt prepared to deal with.

Ultimately, we decided to wait and see if we got matched and then wait to hear more about the kids' history before we made a final decision. Turned out that one of the kids has an issue that we are not able to deal with right now. So, we never had to make the really hard decision of "can we accept three kids, including a 12 year old, into our family at this time in our lives."

I still feel drained from that whole experience. And I think that, while both Husband and I are anxious to get matched for adoption, we feel that in retrospect things worked out for the best in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment